Starbucks Corporation (NASDAQ: SBUX) spotted trading -16.45% off 52-week high price. On the other end, the stock has been noted 37.90% away from the low price over the last 52-weeks. The stock changed 1.08% to recent value of $83.32. The stock transacted 8497275 shares during most recent day however it has an average volume of 6513.22K shares. The company has 1187.21M of outstanding shares and 1141.76M shares were floated in the market.
Starbucks Corporation (SBUX) recently stated financial results for its 13-week fiscal fourth quarter and 52-week fiscal year ended September 29, 2019. GAAP results in fiscal 2019 and fiscal 2018 include items which are excluded from non-GAAP results. Please refer to the reconciliation of GAAP measures to non-GAAP measures at the end of this release for more information.
“I’m very happy with our strong finish to fiscal 2019, as we sustained positive momentum across each of our business sections,” stated Kevin Johnson, president and ceo. “Our U.S. business delivered 6% comparable store sales growth in the fourth quarter, while China grew comparable store sales by 5% and total transactions by 13%. Our strong performance throughout fiscal 2019 gives us confidence in a robust operating outlook for fiscal 2020.”
Q4 Fiscal 2019 Highlights
- Global comparable store sales up 5%, driven by a 3% increase in average ticket and a 2% increase in comparable transactions
- Americas and U.S. comparable store sales up 6%, both driven by a 3% increase in average ticket and a 3% increase in comparable transactions
- International comparable store sales up 3%, driven by a 3% increase in average ticket and a 1% increase in transactions; China comparable store sales increased 5%, with comparable transactions up 2%
- The company opened 630 net new stores in Q4, yielding 31,256 stores at the end of the quarter, a 7% increase over the previous year
- Consolidated net revenues of $6.7B grew 7% over the previous year
- Consolidated net revenues grew 10% over the previous year adjusted for unfavorable impacts of about 3% from Streamline-driven activities
- Streamline-driven activities include the licensing of our CPG and Foodservice businesses to Nestlé following the close of the transaction on August 26, 2018, and the conversion of certain international retail operations from company-operated to licensed models
- GAAP operating margin expanded 90 basis points year-over-year to 16.1%, primarily Because of sales leverage, cost savings initiatives, lapping prior-year Nestlé transaction-related costs and lower restructuring and impairment charges, partially offset by growth in wages and benefits, increased investments in labor hours and the 2019 Starbucks Leadership Experience
- Non-GAAP operating margin of 17.2% declined 90 basis points contrast to the previous year. Not Including a 30-basis point unfavorable impact from Streamline-driven activities, non-GAAP operating margin declined by about 60 basis points contrast to the previous year
- GAAP Earnings Per Share of $0.67, up 20% over the previous year
- Non-GAAP EPS of $0.70, up 13% over the previous year, inclusive of a 4% benefit from income tax rate favorability
- The company returned $2.7B to shareholders through a combination of share repurchases and dividends
- Starbucks®Rewards loyalty program grew to 17.6M active members in the U.S., up 15% year-over-year
Its earnings per share (EPS) expected to touch remained 70.00% for this year while earning per share for the next 5-years is expected to reach at 10.55%. SBUX has a gross margin of 61.10% and an operating margin of 14.70% while its profit margin remained 11.40% for the last 12 months. According to the most recent quarter its current ratio was 1.3 that represents company’s ability to meet its current financial obligations. The price moved ahead of -0.61% from the mean of 20 days, -4.59% from mean of 50 days SMA and performed 1.36% from mean of 200 days price. Company’s performance for the week was 1.75%, -3.81% for month and YTD performance remained 29.38%.