Are You Ready To Experience The Wonders of: Molina Healthcare, Inc. (NYSE: MOH)
Molina Healthcare, Inc. (NYSE: MOH) settled surge of 3.92% in recent trading period with closing price of $126.18. The company’s last traded volume of 1025811 shares vs to an average volume of 608.18K shares.
Molina Healthcare, Inc. (MOH) recently stated net income for the third quarter of 2019 of $175M, or $2.75 per diluted share, contrast to net income of $197M, or $2.90 per diluted share, in the third quarter of 2018.
- Premium revenue was $4.1B in the third quarter of 2019, a 5.8% decrease contrast to the third quarter of 2018.
- Medical care ratio (MCR) was 86.3% in the third quarter of 2019 contrast to 87.4% for the third quarter of 2018.
- General and administrative (G&A) expense ratio increased to 7.6% in the third quarter of 2019 contrast to 6.6% for the third quarter of 2018.
- The third quarter results include a charge of $2M, or a $0.03 net loss per diluted share, for the repayment of convertible notes.
- After-tax margin was 4.1% for the third quarter of 2019 contrast to 4.2% in the third quarter of 2018.
- Cash and investments at the parent company amounted to $796M as of September 30, 2019.
- Operating cash flows for the nine months ended September 30, 2019, were $398M.
- Raised full year 2019 earnings guidance to $11.30 – $11.55 from $11.20 – $11.50, which does not include any future prior-period reserve development.
- On October 10, 2019, the Company entered into a definitive contract to acquire certain assets of YourCare Health Plan, Inc. Through this transaction, predictable to close early next year, the Company will serve about 46,000 Medicaid members in seven counties in Western New York.
General and Administrative Expense Ratio
The general and administrative expenses were 7.6% of total revenues in the third quarter of 2019 contrast to 6.6% in the third quarter of 2018.
For the nine months ended September 30, 2019, the G&A ratio was 7.6% contrast to 7.0% in the comparable prior-year period. In both periods, the year-over-year increases are due mainly to the year-over-year decline in total revenues.
Interest expense was $22M in the third quarter of 2019 contrast to $26M in the third quarter of 2018. The decline was Because of continued repayment of convertible notes.
The third quarter results included a $2M charge on the repayment of convertible notes, resulting in a $0.03 net loss per diluted share.
Cash and investments at the parent company amounted to $796M as of September 30, 2019, contrast to $467M as of June 30, 2019.
During the third quarter of 2019, the parent company received $430M of dividends from the regulated health plan subsidiaries.
The Company repaid $55M of principal on the convertible notes during the quarter, and $240M since the starting of the year. The impact of capital deployment actions in the quarter resulted in lower interest expense, a slight loss on repayment of the convertible notes, and a lower share count.
MOH added at 6.19% in past week and climbed with 11.61% in one month. During the past three-month period the stock dropped of -5.80% and decreased at -0.28% in past six month. During the twelve month it fell at -8.11% and year to date performance of 8.57%.